The weather is finally starting to warm up, so it’s time to start planning summer day trips! Whether you’re going to the beach, the park, or just out for a walk, there are some essentials you’ll want to bring with you. Here are a few items that we recommend packing for your next summer adventure.
1. Sunscreen – One of the most important items to carry for a summer day out is sunscreen. This will keep your skin protected from harmful UV rays, helping you avoid sunburns and other problems like skin cancer down the road. Make sure to apply it liberally before heading outdoors, and reapply as needed throughout the day.
2. A hat – Another great item to have in your bag is a hat. Not only can this help protect your face and neck from the sun, but it can also help keep you cool on hot days by providing some much-needed shade. If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some fun accessories like sunglasses or a bandana!
3. Water bottle – Staying hydrated is key, especially when you’re out in the heat all day. Make sure to pack a water bottle so you can stay refreshed and avoid dehydration. It’s also a good idea to pack some snacks and drinks in case you get hungry while you’re out and about.
4. First-aid kit – No one wants to get hurt on their summer adventures, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. A small first-aid kit can come in handy if you or someone else gets a cut or scrape. Just make sure to pack any essential medications that you or your family might need, such as allergy medication or asthma inhalers.
5. Cell phone – Regardless of where you’re going and what you plan to do, it’s always a good idea to bring your cell phone along with you. This will let you keep in touch with friends, family members, or emergency services if needed. You can also use your phone to take lots of fun photos and videos during your adventures!
6. Bug spray – Even though summer is the best time for spending time outdoors, it can also be plagued by pests like mosquitoes, gnats, and other annoying bugs. Make sure you pack some bug spray so that you can easily fend off any unwelcome visitors that might come your way!
7. A backpack or bag – If you plan on doing a lot of walking or hiking during your summer day out, you’ll definitely want to bring a backpack or bag to hold all of your essentials. This will help free up your hands so you can enjoy your surroundings, and it can also prevent any items from getting lost along the way.
8. Beach towel – If you’re headed to the beach, don’t forget to pack a beach towel! This will come in handy for drying off after a swim, lounging in the sun, or just wiping away the sand that inevitably ends up everywhere.
9. Sunglasses – Wearing sunglasses is not only stylish, but it’s also practical. They can help protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun, and they can also reduce the strain on your eyes if you’re out in the bright sunlight for a long time.
10. Water shoes – Depending on where you go, there may be rocks, shells, seaweed, or other obstacles that can make walking difficult or unpleasant. Water shoes are a great way to protect your feet from these hazards and enjoy your summer day out without any pain or discomfort!
11. Beach blanket – If you plan to spend some time sitting on the beach, it’s always nice to have a large beach blanket so that you can relax comfortably and spread out all of your belongings. This will help keep everything organized and avoid accidentally losing anything in the sand!
12. Snacks – No matter what kind of adventures you have planned for the day, it’s always a good idea to pack some snacks. This will give you something to eat when you’re feeling hungry throughout the day and can help keep your energy levels up.
13. A book or magazine – Finally, don’t forget to pack something fun to read! Whether you want to bring a good book, an old favorite magazine, or even a deck of cards, having something to keep yourself entertained during your summer day out can help make the experience even better. Plus, reading is a great way to relax and enjoy the outdoors! Going on a summer day out is one of the best ways to take advantage of those warm days while they last. Make sure that you pack all of your essentials so that you can enjoy your summer day out to the fullest!
14. Chapstick – If you plan on spending lots of time outside in the sun, then you’ll want to make sure that your lips stay moisturized. Chapstick is a great way to keep your lips feeling soft and smooth during the day so that you can enjoy every minute of summer!
Whether you’re hiking, swimming, or just relaxing outdoors, there are many essentials that you should always carry with you on a summer day out. Some of these include a cell phone, bug spray, sunglasses, sunscreen, snacks, chapstick, and a water bottle. Additionally, be sure to pack any essential medications or items for comfort like beach towels or water shoes if necessary. With all of these items packed and ready to go, you’ll be able to fully enjoy every.