Braids are a popular style for hair that can be dressed up or down and worn casually or formally. No matter your hair type, there are dozens of different types of braids that you can try to create a unique and stylish look. This blog has put together a list of some popular types of braids that will make your hair look gorgeous.
The Best Types Of Braids Are:
- French braids
- Dutch braids
- Fishtail braids
- Waterfall braids
- Crown braids
Each can give your hair a different look, depending on your style and preferences.
How To Do A French Braid?
French braids are a popular type of braid, and they’re not as hard to do as you may think! Let’s take a look at how to do a french braid:
- Part your hair in the middle.
- Take a little hair from the front and split it into three parts.
- Begin by crossing the right strand on top of the middle strand.
- Then, take the left strand and cross it over the middle strand.
- Continue braiding, alternating between the right and left strands, crossing the new right strand over the strand in between, and crossing the left strand over the new right strand.
- On reaching the end, secure it with an elastic band.
- Repeat on the other side!
How To Do A Waterfall Braid?
A waterfall braid is a braid that cascades down your hair like a waterfall. It’s a little more complicated than some of the other braids, but it’s definitely worth the effort! Here’s how to do it:
- Part the hair into two portions, one on top of the other
- Put the section of hair that’s on top of the bottom section into a ponytail
- Divide the ponytail into three portions
- Make a regular braid with the first two pieces
- Take the third piece, put it over the braid you just made, and then add it to the end of the braid.
- Continue this down the length of your hair.
- When you reach the end, tie off the braid with a clear elastic band
How To Do A Dutch Braid?
A dutch braid is a great way to add extra interest to your style. It’s similar to a french braid, but the difference is that you braid the hair underneath instead of on top. It gives the braid a slightly different look. It can be challenging to understand it at first, but it’s an effortless style once you’ve got it down.
How To Do A Fishtail Braid?
A fishtail braid is a little more complicated than the other braids, but it’s doable with practice. This style looks so elegant and intricate, and it’s perfect for special occasions. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by separating your hair into two even sections.
- Take a small piece of hair from the outside of the right section and cross it over to the left section.
- Now take a small piece of hair from the outside of the left section and cross it over to the correct section.
- Repeat this, moving down the length of your hair.
- Secure the braid with a hair elastic when you get to the end.
- Voilà! You’ve just mastered the fishtail braid.
Braids are a timeless hairstyle that suits any occasion. With just a few basic braiding techniques, you can create various looks that will make your hair look gorgeous. There’s a braid style for every hair type and occasion, from simple French braids to more intricate fishtail braids. So get braiding and create beautiful hairstyles that will put your old ponytails to shame!