Skiing constitutes one of the popular adventure sports of every thrill seeker. Skiing in the snowcapped mountains is the best way to enjoy the white beauty of nature. Europe is famous for its many ski resorts. These ski resorts are ideal for both experts and beginners. Skiing is gliding through the snow. It can be viewed as both a recreational activity and a sport. A piste is a marked path on a mountain for skiing, snowboarding or other various mountain sports. According to the difficulty level, the piste is marked with the colours. Green piste means an easy one which is good for beginners. Blue is an intermediate level and red stands for rough and very difficult ones.
The following article introduces you to some of the best skiing destinations in the world.
1. Courchevel, France: Courchevel in France is ranked as the most popular skiing destination in the world. To get an amazing experience of Skiing and Snowboarding, Courchevel is your best option. With more than hundreds of ski resorts, Courchevel is the most luxurious skiing destination with millions visiting every year. If you are a beginner, don’t worry, Courchevel has got many beginner trails also. It is a family-friendly ski resort. To get a thrilling experience of skiing, Courchevel in France will always be your best and number one choice. Best Time to visit: November to February
2. Zermatt Switzerland: Zermatt constitutes one of the best and the luxurious ski resorts in Europe. It is also a beginner-friendly skiing destination. Located at an altitude of 2200meter above sea level, Zermatt witnesses heavy snowfall, which makes it ideal for skiing. Even though skiing in Zermatt is very expensive, to get the most out of the experience, Zermatt is your best chance. A maximum of one or two nights is enough to get a good skiing experience here. You can find all types of ski resorts in this area, even though it’s generally very expensive.
Best time to visit: The winter season here is comparatively longer than in any other place in Europe. November to May is the best time to get an amazing Skiing Experience in Zermatt.
3. Val d’lsere, France: With the mesmerizing and panoramic beauty of the great Alps Mountains, skiing in Val d’lsere always occupies the top position on every adventurer’s bucket list. With a ski slope of 300 kilometres, it is one of the longest slopes in Europe. It is also an ideal place for beginners and lower-level skiers. Val d’lere is one of the ski resorts that opens first and closes last which will give an amazing 156 days for skiing. To get the most out of your skiing experience, a minimum of two days is required here.
Best time to visit: Spring skiing from March to April is the best time for skiing here.
4. Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy: With 120 kilometres of slopes and 27 lifts, Cortina d’Ampezzo is another dream travel destination of every thrill seeker. Located at an elevation that ranges from 1,217 to 2,828 above sea level, Cortina d’Ampezzo will give an amazing skiing experience. It is also a very beginner-friendly slope. Located in the Dolomites, you will get to spend an amazing time here along with skiing. Price varies according to the season. Generally, Cortina is expensive as other European skiing destinations.
Best time to visit: November to April is the best time for skiing here.
5. Chamonix, France: Located at an elevation of 4,807 meters above sea level, Chamonix in France is one of the most popular skiing destinations in Europe with the panoramic beauty of the French Alpine villages and mountain ranges. Chamonix was the site of the first Winter Olympics. It is difficult terrain also makes it the stage for many World Cup Races. Both experts and beginners can get an amazing experience in Chamonix. There are six different nursery ski areas, six green pistes and thirty blue pistes here. It is also one of the most expensive European skiing destinations. A minimum of three days is enough to explore the beauty of the place along with skiing.
Best time to visit: Middle end of January to the end of March is the ideal time for skiing in France.
6. St. Anton and Arlberg, Austria: St. Anton and Arlberg in Austria is the favourite destination of every serious ad expert skier in the world. This is very highly challenging skiing. There are roughly about 200 off-pistes in St. Anton. This famous ski resort is located in the Arlberg massif in the states of Vorarlberg and Tyrol. St. Anton is not so beginner friendly skiing destination. The pistes here are classified as blue. It is also one of the most expensive skiing destinations in Europe. The skiing area constitutes 50 kilometre squares.
Best time to visit: December to April is the ideal time for St. Anton and Arlberg skiing.
The above are some of the famous skiing destinations which never fail to amuse you. Each one of the above destinations will surely give you an amazing skiing experience. Go ski, be with nature and get rid of all problems!