Trekking is one of the popular activities that occupy the top position of every traveler’s bucket list. While on a trek, you will experience and get to see an entirely new face of the environment around you. It also helps you in getting peace of mind and relaxation. But you won’t get it without some effort. Trekking is not at all an easy task.
Hard work is necessary to reach your trekking destination. You need to carry big backpacks, cook food, and sleep in tents. If you are ready to do all that, then Hotwire can help you with arranging and planning your dream treks.
There are many trekking points all around the world. Trekking in the Himalayas is always one of the best and at the same time a bit hard ones. There are both easy and hard trails. As per your choice, you can decide which one to choose. While on a trek, packing efficiently is a must. You already have to carry some cookware and camping materials along with all your essential clothing and things. So the backpack is of course a bit heavy. So there are many things you have to do and keep in mind before you embark on a trekking trip.
The following tips will help you a lot on your trek and lessen the difficulties.
- Start early: Start your trek early. Because you will be able to start with the freshness of the morning and could end it before it’s too late at night. It will help you with time management. You need to keep in mind that, there are no restaurants or housing facilities where your trek ends. You need to cook yourself and arrange the tent by yourself. You need to save your energy for all these. So starting early will help you really in saving some time to rest before doing other chores.
- Don’t trek continuously: No matter how strong you are, trekking demands a lot of energy. So you must remember to take a five to ten-minute break every hour. Don’t tire yourself out by walking continuously. Taking breaks won’t slow you down. So always keep in your mind to take breaks.
- Do treks in pleasant weather: Weather is an important aspect of a trek. Trekking doesn’t offer you smooth straight roads. Instead, you need to travel through rough and hard terrains with steeps, curves, and rocks. You won’t find a smooth road or path. Along with this, if the weather doesn’t favor you, you will be in big trouble. So choose the correct seasons for trekking. Check beforehand which is the right time for the trek in your mind. So go trekking accordingly.
- Know your experience: There are treks for both beginners and experienced. If you are still new to trekking, start with beginner trails. Don’t be stubborn and choose complicated treks without any experience. So keep aside your pride and choose wisely.
- Inform someone when you start your trek: Before you start your trek inform your family or friends or responsible personnel about the trek you are about to begin. In this way, if you are in trouble or didn’t come back at the expected time, they can find you and help you easily.
- Make use of the services of porters: If you are a beginner, then using the services of a porter will help you out. Because as a beginner, you won’t be able to handle the weight of your backpack with cooking vessels and camping amenities along with your clothes and other things. It will surely trouble you. Remember for some treks, you need large cans of drinking water too. In such cases, you can make use of a porter. A porter will help you in carrying the cooking vessels and tents. And you can carry other things. Don’t think that making use of a porter will diminish the quality of your trek or you will be named as an amateur. Take wide decisions and be practical.
- Hiking boots: Rather than hiking shoes, hiking boots are generally good for a trek.
- Stay on trails: Don’t get too much adventurous and put yourself in danger. Don’t walk away from the trail and don’t be curious to find a trail for yourself. A trail is there and it is there for a reason. Don’t put yourself in danger by getting too adventurous.
- Use trekking poles: Trekking poles will help you in maintaining stability while you are on harsh terrain. It will help you in balance. So don’t forget to support yourself with a trekking pole.
- Enjoy nature: Sometimes, beginners forgot to enjoy the nature around them when concentrating too much on trekking. You will surely get tired but don’t forget to find the pretty nature and organisms around you. Open your eyes and mind and experience the panoramic views of your trek.
In Hotwire you can search and find the treks of many countries and different activities too. With Hotwire, make your trek easier and experience the feeling for yourself.