Are you looking forward to spending some time in Manali? If yes, then you should definitely plan ahead and book your tickets now. There are several things to do in Manali during your stay.
Manali is a beautiful hill station located at a height of 2,134 meters above sea level. The town has a rich history dating back to the British era. The place offers a variety of activities such as trekking, sightseeing, shopping, etc.
There are plenty of places to visit in Manali. Some of them include:
1) Solang Valley (Solanagadh): This is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Manali. It is also known as ‘Little Switzerland’ due to its picturesque beauty. You can take a jeep safari in this valley where there are lots of snow-covered mountains and pine trees.
2) Rohtang Pass: Located at an altitude of 3,130 meters above sea level, it is considered to be the highest motorable road pass on earth. The pass connects Kullu with Lahaul Spiti.
3) Tandi Forest Resort: This is another beautiful destination in Manali. It has a great view of the Himalayan ranges. It is ideal for those who want to experience nature.
4) Hemis National Park: A perfect getaway from hectic city life, this park is home to endangered species of animals like the black bear, sika deer, chital, leopard, brown bear, etc.
5) Rangji Temple: One of the best-known temples in Manali, this temple was built in 1892 by the Gurkha soldiers.
6) McLeod Ganj: Also known as the “Hollywood of the East”, it is a famous hill resort in Himachal Pradesh.
7) Hanuman Mandir: Situated near the Shivalik Hills, this temple is dedicated to Lord Ram’s monkey companion.
8) Narkanda Temple: Dedicated to Goddess Parvati, this temple is believed to have been built by Pandavas when they were exiled from their kingdom.
9) Old Manali: This is one of the oldest settlements in Manali. It dates back to 1865.
10) Mall Road: This is one of many famous markets in Manali.
11) Beas Kund: This holy spring is situated beside the river Beas. Locals believe that drinking water here will fulfill all of your wishes.
12) Pangong Lake: Popular among hikers, this lake lies to the east of Leh. Boating facilities are available around the lake.
13) Hidimba Devi Temple: This is a Hindu temple dedicated to the goddess Kali.
14) Chuchula Falls: According to ancient texts, these falls are mentioned as one of the sacred bathing places for the locals.
15) Lohaghat Wildlife Sanctuary: Home to about 250 animal species including the red panda, barking deer, golden jackal, etc., this sanctuary is often visited by tourists.
16) Keylong: Another important city in the district, it is well connected via air, rail, and bus services.
17) Sheshnag peak: Located in the middle of nowhere, this peak is believed to be the abode of snakes. People are scared to climb up because they think that they might see a snake.
18) Vashist Cave: Located amidst the scenic surroundings, this cave is a natural wonder which houses thousands of stalactites.
19) Gaddi Village: Located along the banks of River Beas, this village is inhabited for centuries. Mostly made up of stone houses, it is a great place to observe daily life in India.
20) Bishnu Nath Temple: This temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga. The main attraction of this temple is the huge idol of Goddess Durga which is present inside the sanctum sanctorium.
Manali is truly blessed with so much beauty and its tourist attractions. There are more fun things to do in Manali than we can even imagine. So if you haven’t been to Manali yet, then make sure you plan your trip soon!