Looking for a movie to watch with your sweetheart? Here is a list of romantic comedies sure to make you laugh and love. FroLooking for a movie to watch with your sweetheart? Here is a list of romantic comedies sure to make you laugh and love. From classic rom-coms like The Notebook to more recent favorites like Crazy, Stupid, Love., there’s something for everyone on this list. So gather up your loved ones and prepare to snuggle up with some feel-good cinema!
- The Notebook- Set in the 1940s, this classic romance tells the story of Noah and Allie’s star-crossed love. It’s a must-watch for any rom-com fan. So romantic!
- 500 Days of Summer- This 2009 film follows the ups and downs of a young couple’s relationship. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for something a bit more indie and quirky.
- The Princess Bride- Who doesn’t love this classic 1987 movie? Featuring swashbuckling adventure, humor, and true love, it’s no wonder The Princess Bride is such a fan favorite.
- When Harry Met Sally- Released in 1989, this romantic comedy tells the story of two friends who eventually fall in love. It’s one of the most iconic rom-com out there and is definitely worth watching.
- Love Actually- If you’re looking for a heart-warming holiday movie, look no further than Love Actually. This 2003 film follows the intertwined love lives of several characters in London.
- Crazy, Stupid, Love.- Released in 2011, this film tells the story of a middle-aged man who learns how to date again with the help of a younger woman. It’s both funny and touching, making it a must-watch for rom-com fans.
- The Awkward Moment- Released in 2014, this film stars Zac Efron and Miles Teller as three friends who hit a rough patch in their relationships. It’s hilarious but also heart-warming, making it another great choice for rom-com fans.
- Notting Hill- Starring Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant, this 1999 film tells the story of a bookstore owner who falls for a famous actress. It’s charming and romantic, and definitely worth watching.
- Bridget Jones’s Diary- Released in 2001, this film follows the misadventures of Bridget Jones as she navigates the ups and downs of single life in London. It’s funny and relatable, making it a must-watch for anyone who’s ever had to deal with dating woes.
- The Holiday- Released in 2006, this film stars Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet as two women who swap homes for Christmas and end up finding love along the way. It’s light-hearted and fun and perfect for a cozy night in with your loved ones.
- Before Sunrise- Released in 1995, this film follows the story of two strangers who meet on a train and spend an unforgettable evening together in Vienna. It’s a beautiful and romantic film, and definitely worth watching if you’re looking for a good cry.
- The Fault in Our Stars- Released in 2014, this film tells the story of Hazel and Gus, two teenagers who fall in love despite their terminal illnesses. It’s heart-breaking but also incredibly touching, making it one of the most beloved rom-coms of recent years.
- 50 First Dates- Released in 2004, this movie stars Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore as a man and woman who fall in love after meeting on a blind date. It’s funny and sweet and perfect for a light-hearted night in.
- Jerry Maguire- Released in 1996, this film stars Tom Cruise as a sports agent who has a life-changing epiphany and starts trying to do the right thing. It’s both funny and poignant, and definitely worth watching if you’re looking for a good drama/romance hybrid.
- The Proposal- Released in 2009, this movie stars Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds as a boss and employee who have to pretend to be married in order to avoid deportation. It’s hilarious but also sweet, making it another great choice for rom-com fans.
- Sweet Home Alabama- Released in 2002, this film stars Reese Witherspoon as a woman who returns to her small hometown in Alabama after a bad breakup. It’s funny and charming, and perfect for a weekend afternoon watching.
- The Notebook- Released in 2004, this film tells the story of Noah and Allie, two young lovers who are forced to part ways. It’s one of the most romantic movies ever made, and definitely worth watching if you’re looking for a good cry.
- My Best Friend’s Wedding- Released in 1997, this film stars Julia Roberts as a woman who realizes she’s in love with her best friend right before he’s about to get married. It’s funny and heart-warming, and definitely worth watching if you’re looking for a good chick flick.
- The Princess Bride- Released in 1987, this film is a cult classic that tells the story of a young man who goes on a wild adventure to save his beloved princess. It’s funny and charming, and perfect for anyone who loves a good fairy tale.
- Four Weddings and a Funeral- Released in 1994, this film stars Hugh Grant as a man who attends four weddings and one funeral over the course of one year. It’s funny and romantic and perfect for anyone who’s looking for a light-hearted watch.
Whether you’re looking for a classic film to share with your loved one or something more recent, we’ve got you covered. So, gather up your popcorn and get ready for a night of laughter and love!