iOS 12 released on September 17, 2018. Where there are a lot of features such as Screen time, group notifications, Memojis and new Siri Shortcuts that you’d have noticed. There are plenty of hidden features you may have not discovered.
- Battery Information: Finally, you can figure out what’s draining the battery. Open settings, select battery and you will get a breakdown of what exactly is using your battery and when.
- Alternate Face ID appearance: Now you can register two Face IDs on same device. To do this, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Alternate appearance.
- Temporary DND: You can turn on DND anytime and it will disable itself after an hour. To do this – open control center, long-press or force touch the DND icon and pick the relevant option.
- Close App Gesture: The process of closing an app on iOS 11 on the iPhone X was tedious. Users had to long press an app until the “-” sign appeared and then swipe it away. It is now back to normal in the iOS 12.
- Keyboard can be turned into trackpad: For this feature to work, a 3D touch enabled iPhone was required. But with the new iOS 12 update, just press and hold the spacebar and turn your keyboard into a trackpad.
- Autofill shortcuts: Earlier, two-factor authentication codes made to be either copy-pasted or memorised, with the new update, a shortcut appears on top of the keyboard that allows the device to receive the code. Just tap on the shortcut and the keyboard will autofill it for you.
- QR Code scanner in Control Center: In iOS 11 ,the QR code scanner was added to the camera app. With the iOS 12 update, scanner now has its own shortcut – To add shortcut go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls and tap the green button next to Scan QR Code.
- Disable USB accessories: The new features makes it difficult for others to crack your passcode. Your phone now has the option to disable the Lightning port if your phone hasn’t been unlocked for an hour. The feature is enabled by default. If you’d like to make changes to this feature, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.