The wait for OnePlus 6T will finally be over next week. The company released its last device in May 2018 and this mid-year release is an unexpected one. A week before the phone’s launch, company’s CEO Pete Lau shared a night shot of downtown Shenzhen with the caption ‘Bring your own filter’ to show the camera performance of the upcoming flagship.
What to expect in the new OnePlus 6T?
- The all new 6T will have face unlock feature as well as a virtual in-display fingerprint sensor for unlocking the device.
- The 6.4-inch OLED display will be very slightly larger than OnePlus 6’s 6.28 inch display. It will have a slimmer bottom bezel and a teardrop sized notch for the front camera.
- The device will have a battery of 3700 mAH as compared to 3300 mAH battery of OnePlus 6. Thus, the device will be slightly thicker and heavier.
- The device will come with the fast charge technology which will charge the phone from 0 to 60 percent within 40 minutes. However, it is disappointing that the device will not have wireless charging feature.
- The device will have same cameras as OnePlus 6 – the dual 16-megapixels/20-megapixels at the back and 16-megapixels in the front.
- The highlight will be the new version OxygenOS based on Android 9 (Pie)= with new navigation gestures. Only the new phone 6T will have the feature now, however, it will be rolled out to OnePlus 6 as well eventually.
The new device was set to launch on October 30, however, the company moved the date to October 29. The change was to avoid a clash with Apple’s iPad and MacBook event. The company has offered fans to refund the costs associated with travel due to change of date.
In India, the price of 6T is expected to be around Rs. 38,000 for the 6GB RAM/128GB variant.
Where can you buy the OnePlus 6T in India?
The OnePlus 6T will be available in Reliance Digital stores across the country. It will also be sold online on Amazon.in and the company’s official OnePlus Store.