When it comes to shopping what’s your choice? Online or Offline?
We’re in festive season, the time of the year when most people shop – whether it’s Diwali or Christmas or any other festival or wedding season. People shop for home goods, gifts and clothing. It’s also the time of the year when most retailers offer festive season sale. Which mode of shopping do you prefer?
Let’s talk about the pros and cons of each type of shopping to figure out the best way to shop.
- Online shopping is probably at its peak in India. You get a wide range of products at fingertips.
- Online shopping is convenient for comparison shopping. You don’t need to leave your home to visit a physical store, yet you can explore various options.
- Discounts are offered throughout the year.
- There are various payment options you can use – debit card, credit card, Cash on Delivery, net banking, wallets and more.
- Customer reviews are available to help you choose the right product for you.
- Returns are available on most items.
- If you are trying a new store or brand, you can’t really trust it until you receive the product.
- When it comes to apparel, you can’t try and buy. Thus, you can’t really make any purchases without wondering how the fit and quality of the product may turn out.
- Sometimes the item you buy may not be eligible for a refund. Thus, you end up with a product that is not useful to you.
- Touch and feel aspect is the best thing about offline shopping. When it comes to shopping for apparel, you can try and buy.
- It’s the best option if you need something urgently. With online shopping, you’ll need to wait for 24 hours at least.
- Prices are high than online shopping and discounts don’t last for a long period.
- Visiting the store, standing in the queue to try an apparel and get the product billed takes a lot of time and effort.
- For comparison shopping, you’ll have to visit multiple stores.
While online shopping is more beneficial in today’s time, the advantages of offline shopping cannot be ignored. One should make a choice based on the need and the amount of money one is investing. Compare both mediums and see what works for you!