Who doesn’t love ice cream? Whether you’re looking to fulfil your late night ice cream cravings or wish to try something fun, this is a great recipe for you. Regular homemade ice cream recipes usually require ice cream maker and a lot of ingredients. This recipe doesn’t require an ice cream maker as the churning effect necessary for imitated manually. And best part is that your ice cream does not require freezing. It can be served instantly.
What you’ll need?
- A mixture of cream and milk (half cup each works best). But if you don’t have cream at home, use just milk. If you want to make frozen yogurt, use a mix or milk and yogurt)
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar – (increase or decrease depending on how sweet you want your ice cream to be.
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Some ice (2 to 3 cups)
- ⅓ cup of salt (very important – this is the magic ingredient that helps in making instant ice cream)
- A small ziplock bag and a large ziplock bag
- Combine milk, cream, vanilla essence and sugar in a cup, mix thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to the small ziplock bag. Remove excess air and seal the bag to ensure the bag does not tear in the process.
- Add salt and ice in the larger bag. Place the smaller bag in it and seal tightly.
- Now shake this bag for 5 minutes thoroughly. Use gloves or towel to hold the bag as it will be super cold.
- The liquid mixture you put in the smaller bag is now dense and looks like ice cream.
- Leave the bag on a surface for 5 minutes. And your ice cream is ready! Open the bag and serve ice cream immediately!
Tip: Use this as a base and experiment with different flavours.
- Add coffee for coffee ice cream
- Add a bit of cocoa for chocolate ice cream
- Add crushed oreos for oreo ice cream
- Add cut fruits and dry fruits for fruit and nut ice cream
Try this ziplock bag ice cream recipe and enjoy! Watch and enjoy the video right here: