A diet rich in nutrition is the essential element for a healthy mind and body. Earlier high protein diets were taken only by athletes. Times have changed, and most people are now aware of the benefits of a high protein low carb diet.
Here are top 7 foods that are rich in proteins and low in carbs
- Eggs – Eggs are highly nutritious and inexpensive. You can include it in your diet in various forms – boiled, in an omelet or as egg bhurji. A whole egg has approximately 7 g of protein and 0.02 g of carbs.
- Greek Yogurt – A 100 g serving has 10 g of protein and 3.4 g of carbs. Topped with fruits, it is a great breakfast option, especially if you are a vegetarian trying to include more protein in your diet.
- Fish – Fish is rich in lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids essential for overall health. A serving of fish has around 18 to 20 grams of fish. Tuna fish particularly has 30 grams of protein for a 100 gram serving.
- Chicken – If you’re looking for a source of lean protein, chicken is your friend. Chicken breasts and chicken thighs packed with protein. A 100 gram serving of chicken breasts has 31 grams of protein and chicken thighs have 25 grams of protein.
- Tofu – Tofu, made from soy is a good source of protein for vegetarians. Half cup of tofu has 12 g of protein and just 4 g of carbs.
- Nuts – If you’re looking for a high protein food to snack on, nuts are your answer. Apart from being rich in protein, they also provide healthy fats to the body. Peanuts, cashews and almonds should be your go-to option. 50 grams of nuts have approximately 10 g grams of protein.
- Whey Protein Powder – Though it is recommended to get protein for natural sources, whey protein powder works well if you wish to increase your protein intake in absence of natural protein sources. One scoop of whey protein powder has approx. 25 grams of protein and around 1 percent of carbs.